Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Turkey Anyone?

I spotted these wild turkeys on my way home from my horses. Now that's something you don't see in Phoenix.

It's a lot of fun to have so much wildlife surrounding us. We have squirrels, chipmunks, and skunks in our backyard as well as a groundhog that lives under our shed.
We had several families of birds in our bushes and birdbox over the summer. Our neighbor has birdbaths and birdfeeders in his yard so I often see finches, chickadees, bluejays, and sometimes cardinals from out of my kitchen window. I have also seen deer and heard about bears out by my horses.
I need to enjoy them all while I still can- and remember to take more pictures!




And, oh yeah, the occasional monkey.

1 comment:

Linsey F said...

How fun to see "real" animals. I get so excited when I see a squirrel or a lizard here is Yuma. Your kids must love it!