Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spring Has Sprung

Spring has finally sprung here in Scranton, PA. Well, actually, it snowed at the beginning of April, then the next week was as hot as it ever gets in the summer (high 80's) and now it seems to have stabilized to the cool (50's), cloudy, sprinkly spring. It really threw my bulbs and the blossoms for a loop so my favorite part didn't last for very long, but I am truly grateful to see green aplenty. I planted a lot of bulbs (daffodils and tulips) in the fall hoping for a blast of color when they bloomed, but because of the weather and different areas of shade in my yard they are just blooming one at a time. Bummer! Although Mr. Groundhog had to wait a lot longer than 6 weeks, I think he is happy to be out of his den (however, even though he is cute, I wish he would go back in because he keeps eating my lettuce!) (This picture had to be taken from in the house because he is very skittish.)The kid's have loved being able to play outside.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure you guys look forward to spring as much as we look forward to winter :)
But that'll be changing for us :)

Talmage is such a cutie! I can't believe that he is two!!! Wasn't it just yesterday?!!!!!
I am so excited for you guys :)

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

That is too bad about your bulbs. It sure does look nice and springy though. We are glad we are starting to dry out here also. Kaia looks so CUTE!

Betsy said...

We love the Spring...especially after such long winters. It was fun to see you guys last week! I can't believe how quickly your kids are growing.

Suzy Farar said...

I love that tree with the pink blossoms!