Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Talmage Turns Two

I can't believe I'm actually posting about something the same week it happened (Dallin is studying for his test so I get a little time to myself). Talmage turned two on Friday (the 1st). Even though he is almost as old as Kaia was when we moved to PA, Talmage is still my baby boy. I still love to cuddle him to sleep at nap time (and catch 5 minutes myself) and I find myself carrying him way more than I should. Not that I care when my kids hit certain milestones, but it is interesting to note the differences between Kaia and Talmage at the same ages. Kaia is my quick-learning, independent, leader. Talmage is happy to follow and is quickly showing me what a boy he is (today was the first time I had to scrub "artwork" off the walls). We have had more than one person tell us that Talmage always seems to have a little mischievious sparkle in his eye and grin on his face. This ought to be an interesting year.
Since our Stake Conference was scheduled on Friday night, we prolonged Talmage's B-day and celebrated by going to Chuck E. Cheese's on Saturday and having cake and presents on Sunday. While we were out on Saturday I got some helium balloons and hid them in the trunk. Talmage was very excited to see them on Sunday morning. Finally, we were able to enjoy some truck cake despite the gravitational challenges (the bumpers and lights didn't want to stay put). Also note the "flat" right rear tire- Talmage had already found and helped himself to his unassembled cake. Silly boy. (Kaia took the picture above- not bad!)
We love our happy, sweet Talmage!

2 comments:

Christine said...

I LOVE your truck cake! They grow up too fast, don't they?

Linsey F said...

What a cutie! Time sure flies! We miss you guys!