Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Las Vegas

Since we flew into Las Vegas we decided we would stay and play for a little while. We stayed at Circus Circus for two nights and had a great time watching the acts and playing a couple of the midway games. I wanted to play the racehorse game where you make your horse move by rolling a ball into the holes. I liked the prize that you got when there were only 2-4 players (a stuffed green starfish) so I made sure that we were there right when they opened and just Kaia and I played. I was happy with our little prize, but Kaia wanted to play again. So we went ahead for the fun of it, but by that time there were a bunch more people. Well, I managed to get my ball in the move-three-spaces hole a couple of times and just barely held on for the win! I was really excited and we got the coveted big white tiger. Do you think I'm competitive at all? :) So much for Circus Circus just being for kids!

Well, that was fun, but we had a real blast when we met my brother Shane and his family out at Lake Mead. We got to stay in his motor home, ride his boat, and hang out on the lake for four days straight! I'll tell you what, that is the life for me. I absolutely loved having a boat while growing up and I LOVE swimming. It was even more fun for me to see how much my kids enjoyed it. We were literally in the water for hours on end. I really needed that. Kaia also liked feeding bread to the fish. One morning we couldn't go out on the water because there was thunder, lightening, and rain, but we had a great view and just sat and watched the weather. Kaia still talks about it. Those are the kinds of memories I want to continue to provide for my kids- I just hope that in all the craziness I'm not missing all the opportunities around me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Those fish are HUGE!!!!

I don't know if I'd get in the water after seeing those fish :)

Boats are awesome and I am glad that the kids had so much fun. I am sure that made it really nice :)