Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's A....

Any guesses? I had my ultrasound on Friday and was able to find out whether we are having a girl or a boy. I have been thinking of the baby as a girl and we have several girl's names that we like. We can't agree on ANY boy's names. So, of course, in true Farar fashion we are having a boy! Everyone says, "Oh don't worry about it, you will come up with a name", but seriously I am always perusing baby names and after several years we haven't been able to come up with a name so now I really feel pressured to do so in just a couple of months! (Great, one more thing to worry about right now :)) I absolutely love the name Teegan (sp. optional) but Dallin says it is too girly. I also kind of like names like Blake, Camden, and Davin (the only one of which Dallin doesn't totally reject is Blake but he already has a cousin named that). Dallin likes names like Clyde, Jackson and Parker. I object. Soooo, PLEASE send us any and all of your great ideas for boys names! I tend to like variations of traditional names (ie made up names), names from last names/ church names (but not Kimball, Brigham, Tanner, etc.), or names from places (like Boston). Dallin likes plane, old, regular boy's names but seems to be open to the types of names I like as long as they are not too girly, don't make him think of any bad nicknames, or aren't already taken by one of his 500 cousins or friends (like that leaves me a lot of options!) I really don't know how we are going to be able to agree on TWO boy's names (first and middle) so Heeeellllllllp!

7 comments:

Christine said...

Well, I'm partial to Brendan, Kennedy, Connor, Nathaniel and Jacob. We have friends who want to name their little boy Bennett, which I kind of like. I have some nephews that are Canyon and Dane. Just tossing out ideas here.

Taryn said...

I read the above comment and I love the name Bennett, it was actually one of the names we had picked out for a boy before we found out we were having a girl. Some other cute names I've heard and like are Kannon, Cole Kason and Talon. Good luck though! It's so stressful finding the prefect name!

P.S. I'm one of ur hubby's 500 cousins. haha.

Lisa said...

Yay! Congrats Heather! That's so exciting! Sorry I'm not really any help in the name dept!!!

Mindi said...

Congratulations! Super fun. Hmmmm, boy names. We like Ryker, Hudson, and Mason. Good luck and have fun!! Hope all is well and that you have super happy holidays!!

Unknown said...

Since I have this sinking feeling that I am only going to have boys (in Farar fashion) I feel the need to keep all of my fav boys names to myself :D especially since Jodi took my number one :) (Jacob)
Well, I guess it would be third favorite :D
How bout Penn ( I actually know a boy named that) I just saw the name Wesley and really liked it (except it doesn't translate to spanish that well, so it didn't make the cut off :D

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Yeah! So excited for you! Hayley has a friend named Tanton which is different. I also like the name Coleson. Boy names were really hard for us as well. Good Luck!

Suzy Farar said...

Congratulations!! You could always go with a D name.............or not. Dennis was always quick to come up with those. A little bit ago we were reading the Louis L'Amoure western novels, and I kind of liked some of the names he had in those! Very manly!!