Saturday, November 7, 2009

3:10 to Yuma

Dallin has accepted a job to work in an urgent care facility (PrimeCare) in Yuma, Az. Yeahhhhh! So we will be skipping the looooong winters in PA and heading out to sunny AZ. Although I personally would have preferred the Phoenix area, there are plenty of plusses to living in Yuma- Grandma and Grandpa, lots of other relatives, close to San Diego, etc. Dallin really enjoyed his interview with PrimeCare and is really excited to be working in urgent care. Although he will generally be working four 12-hour shifts (including some nights and weekends) that means he will have three days off every week.

We will drive out to Phoenix for Thanksgiving and to look around for housing. I will fly back to PA with the kids to finish packing up the house and drive once again to AZ sometime before Christmas. It might sound a little crazy, but I think it will be the least stressfull method.

I'm excited for all of the new possibilities. I'm very grateful that Dallin found a job and now we can stop begging and borrowing for money and start paying everything back. On to the new adventure!

5 comments:

Christine said...

Yay for a new job!! Those transition times are hard. Good luck!

Lisa said...

Congrats! We'll be so sad to see you go... but on to bigger and better things! Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Wahoo! I am so excited for you guys! Yuma wouldn't be my first choice either, but I think it would be great for the kids to be close to their grandma and grandpa! :)

Betsy said...

Hooray! Good luck with all the driving/packing/more driving/unpacking/etc. So exciting to be moving on!

Suzy Farar said...

Yay, congrats on the job and the new baby!! We are excited to have you guys close again. Trying to pack up by yourself with the kids sounds like a challenge! I'm sorry we're not closer to help with that! We are excited to be able to see you guys for Thanksgiving!!

I was always grateful for the student loans etc, but believe me it's not any fun to pay it back!! But I guess it comes with the territory!