Sunday, February 22, 2009

Update

OK, so I know it IS past the next holiday this time, but for my own memories I needed to post about Christmas. We were so busy working on our house over Christmas, then Dallin started a new rotation (which always means a different routine), then I was busy planning Kaia's birthday party and making invitations, then my mom and sister came to visit us for three weeks (and helped us do more work on the house), meanwhile Dallin's brother Dennis also visited for a day, and now I took advantage of the last week to do pretty much nothing, so here it is the end of February and I'm just now getting to blogging about Christmas. By the way, I took so long that Dallin just started his second rotation since Christmas. The first one was in Cardiology, which he enjoyed, and now he is in the first of his last two rotations which are three months each- one in internal medicine and the last in family practice. Can I just say "woohoooo" because I can see the light at the end of the tunnel?! Even though I have no idea where we will end up or what we will be doing, I'm still very excited to move on to the next step. Dallin on the other hand, is a little bit more nervous about the prospect because of what he will be required to know and do, and then have to prove it on his certifying exam and at his new work place. We're rootin' for ya, dear!
I know it may sound silly that we are doing all this work on our house when we will most likely be moving soon, but we are basically going for the "Designed to Sell" theory. Trust me, the improvements we have made will certainly help our house stand out from this crowd. Besides, it just makes me happy every time I look at something we have improved and I will still be able to enjoy it for a little while. Hopefully I will be able to complete some of the finishing touches so that I can show you the "before" and "after" pictures soon.

2 comments:

Christine said...

YAY for lights at the end of the tunnel!! I am seeing ours too and it will be so nice to be settled! We'll know by the end of the year where the Army sends us.

Suzy Farar said...

Isn't funny that we live in a house then finally do the things we've always wanted to do to it to sell it?