Monday, July 14, 2008

4th of July

OK, so I'm a little behind, but we had a great time on the 4th of July. We didn't have any other plans and I have really been missing the Farar Family get-togethers, so I decided to have a bunch of our friends over from our ward. Dallin made fish tacos and I made frog-eye salad (Thanks Cody!) and a red, white, and blue cake that I've always wanted to try. One of our guests brought some adorable cupcakes decorated with Teddy Grahams laying on the beach with a fruit roll up towel and an umbrella with fish crackers jumping in the blue frosting water! The kids had a fun time swinging, playing ball, and eating popsicles while the adults played Spoons. Although I've played many times, I hadn't played with Dallin's rule that those who are "out" can get the other players "out" by getting those players to respond to them. There were several "out"ages and even more laughs because of the sly deception of several of our guests! As it turned out, the battle for winner came down to Dallin and I (our company was suspicious of illegal play, but we kept it honest- Honest!). Of course, I won without a single letter against me (you get a letter each time you fail to get a spoon)! Not that I'm bragging or anything. Then we lit a few sparklers for the kids to twirl around. After that everyone left to put kids in jammies before we headed out to watch the fireworks at the ballpark. We managed to light a few of our own in our driveway and Kaia loved setting them up for Dad to light. She also loved all of the "cracker booms" at the ballpark and around our house for the last month. Her favorites were the "sprinkles" ones and the "rain" ones. Kids come up with the best names for things. Needless to say, the day was filled with plenty of food, friends, and fun!

2 comments:

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Looks like you had a great party. You are the game master always! Your cake looks yummy! I want to try one. I am so glad you are blogging. We always check it. Your kids are adorable.

Kennadie said...

Sounds like you had a blast. Hope you liked the frog eye salad. That sounds really good right now.

Cody