Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Name Game

Well, my belly is getting bigger, I'm getting more uncomfortable, and I am getting close to the 30 week mark, but I am still fretting over a name for our little one. Dallin has kind of settled on the name Andan (or Andon) but I'm still not sure. It's actually a name that I had proposed to him, but when his (as well as another brother's) initial (and continual) reaction was to sing some song that goes "and den, and den, along came John, big bad John..." I kind of got sick of it. Also, Dallin will try to call the baby by name but forget what it is and call him Aiden instead (which I like, but won't use because I think it is too overused now). Additionally, I don't like giving kids a nice name only to have them go by a nickname for the rest of their lives and I know some people will want to call him Andy. Anyway, I still like the name, but those are my concerns with it and I just wanted to get your opinions on it so please let me know what you think! Of course, I'm always open for additional suggestions!

3 comments:

Christine said...

I think that if the first thing that comes to mind already is not the sweet little baby you have coming, then keep looking for the perfect name. Since you mentioned that a song and a nickname come to mind first, it sounds like you might want to rethink things.

Betsy said...

I'm glad you're settling in and are enjoying some sunshine and your new place. I want to see some pictures! We've had some beautiful spring weather here and I have to say I'm loving it. This is the earliest I've ever had spring. I love the sunshine too.

Names are so hard, especially boys names. Sorry I don't have any good suggestions, though. If you remember I had the hardest time coming up with a name I liked for a boy and in the end Chris won with his favorite name. I'm not sure what we'd do if we ever have another boy. Good luck!

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Ohhhh! You're getting so close. Hope you are able to figure out a name sooner than later. Hope you are feeling well in the those last hard weeks.